INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The phrase “personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet may be identified. We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other TTB websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT INCLUDE:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture or Google) that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information regarding actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As a general matter, we use the personal information we collect to process your purchases, confirm your orders. We also use your personal information to tailor our product offerings, improve your shopping experience, customize the content and layout of our website, and provide you with information and updates about our business, websites, products and services.
We also may use certain of the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
The networks use this information to show you advertisements for TTB and our business partners that are tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad network vendors collect includes information about your visits to websites that participate in the vendors’ advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you have viewed, and the actions you take on the sites. This data collection and ad targeting take place both on our websites and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To direct our ad network vendors not to use your data to deliver targeted advertising to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties, except as set forth below.
Digital Marketing Cooperatives. We participate with trusted cooperative database services partners. These services help us direct print catalogs, mailings and other marketing initiatives to appropriate purchasers and website visitors. Names and mailing addresses may be shared between participating parties in the cooperative database services. Credit card information and email addresses are not shared.
Affiliated Companies. We may share the consumer data and personal information we collect (including name, address, and transaction information) with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, with third party service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts, and with other marketers concerning products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may also share personal information with our vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf (for example, the US Postal Service and UPS) as necessary to perform those services. Your personal information may not be used by these third-party service providers for any other purpose other than to perform the services provided to us.
Legal Process. We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), or if we reasonably believe the law requires such disclosure, (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Sale or Transfer of Business. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward, although certain requests or changes in preferences may require a short amount of time to process during which time your personal information may continue to to be used in the manner prior to your request or change. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to TTB’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain TTB offerings or site features.
- Marketing Emails. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
- Targeted Advertising. To opt out of receiving marketing communications through theadvertising networks of our ad network vendors, please email us at email@example.com.
- Geo-Location Information. When you use a TTB application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Sharing. If you prefer that we do not share your name and address with our the third parties listed above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Our sites do not interpret and recognize Do Not Track codes.
As discussed elsewhere on this page, we do utilize third party advertising software and services. We cannot ensure that third party service providers comply with Do Not Track code. To avoid tracking by these third party partners, you can change your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when cookies are set and you could select the Do Not Track option on your browser, though we have no control over and cannot confirm whether third parties honor the Do Not Track browser signal. Additionally, many advertising companies are members of the NAI or DAA and/or provide opt-outs on those industry pages at networkadvertising.org/choices or aboutads.info/choices.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that TTB has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to TTB, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email email@example.com.
You may review the personal information we maintain about you and update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you have established on our websites. If you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend that information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
When we obtain personal information about you, we may process the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Notice. TTB has certified compliance with the Safe Harbor privacy framework for the handling of personal information transferred from the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland to the U.S.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your TTB account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your TTB account user name or password via email.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the bottom of the notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to us at:
The Tie Bar
224 North Desplaines,
Chicago, IL 60661
Last Updated: 18th April 2018