All Are Welcome At The Bar
At The Tie Bar, we have one goal: to help you dress better (and do it without spending a fortune). Shopping at The Tie Bar is all about giving our customers the best experience possible, and we're committed to providing an out-of-this-world shopping experience for each and every visitor.
How we strive to give you the best experience
Accessibility for all users is always a top concern of ours. We aim to make our site open and accessible to as wide of an audience as possible.
- We design our site with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 in mind and test our site daily to ensure that we are not only meeting, but exceeding those standards.
- We use the Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE), developed by WebAIM, and various screen reading software to test every new feature and update we release on our site.
- We consistently look for areas of improvement within our site to ensure that all users, with and without accessibility needs, have a great, pain-free experience.
Steps we’ve taken to improve accessibility
In addition to the following areas, we have made accessibility improvements to just about every part of our site.
- Keyboard Access — Whether you are browsing products, selecting sizes, adding items to your cart, or checking out, almost all of our site is accessible using only your keyboard. We even have special buttons and audible notifications for screen reader users to make some processes easier to navigate and interact with. Although some functionality may still not be 100% compatible with just a keyboard, we continue to make improvements and updates to these areas with every new release.
- Alternative Text Equivalents — Every image, video, product filter option, and sizing option has alternative text, titles, or descriptive attributes that are detected by screen readers.
- Site Structure — We use proper HTML structure for things such as headers, paragraphs, lists, and buttons to ensure that all of our content is accessible to those using keyboards, screen readers, or other assistive technologies.
- Site Consistency — We are consistent with the main layout of each page throughout our site. For example, processes that tend to be repeated such as using the main navigation, selecting a helpful footer link, or browsing a product category page and using the filter tool should feel very familiar no matter what page you are on.
Having accessibility issues?
If you encounter accessibility issues with thetiebar.com, here are some things you can do:
- Reach out to us with any issues, concerns, or feedback using any of the ways found below.
- Visit one of our stores. Our sales associates are always eager to address any of your concerns and personally help you pick out your perfect Tie Bar outfit.
- Contact our customer service team. Our customer experience specialists are here to help you with anything from dealing with any issues you have on the site to picking out your wedding and outfit colors.
Email - email@example.com
Phone - Toll Free in the US: 877-888-TIES (8437). Outside of the US: 312-690-2900.